A recipe that somehow got left out of the Kithe Cookbook, back two issues
ago: Happyfish's (in)famous FUDGE PIE! While we may be duplicating our
cookbook antics again, this recipe simply cannot wait. So, without further
11 tablespoons margarine/butter
3 squares of unsweetened chocolate (make SURE you get unsweetened)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ø
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small pot on very low heat, stirring
constantly. Set aside.
- Mix sugar, flour, and eggs well.
- Add vanilla, salt, walnuts, and mix.
- Add melted chocolate and butter to mixture and mix well.
- Rub bottom and sides of a pie pan with butter.
- Pour mixture in to pan.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, or until pie is dark but not burned.
(stick a knife in it-- if it comes out clean it's done)
- Chill for several hours or overnight
(or if you're rushed, stick it in the freezer for 45 minutes)
- Eat it. Make another batch. Eat that. Develop a fudge pie